Monday, July 15, 2013

Summer Post

Summer time is a little different for me, I don't have the weekly schedule of drawing on lunch bags that the school year typically brings.  I have been drawing, but my main focus is on a project that I can't share quite yet.  In the meantime I have been doing little sketches here and there.  This one is another warm up sketch that got away from me.  It started as a little blue line doodle about 2 or 3 inches tall.  I decided to scan it and I flipped it to see how the proportions where working and saw how terribly off they were, so I scaled it up and started inking.  Once the ink was completed I scanned it again and put it back the way it was originally drawn.  I let Photoshop trace the lines and cleaned up some of the worst offenders but left others alone and composed it on a background.

All images and text copyright 2013 - Michael Smith - Doodle Bag Productions

No comments:

Post a Comment